Wednesday 11 January 2012

Take Away...

I have had a few people say to me that they are amazed at how we eat each night... which is such a lovely compliment ...

HOWEVER... I too have my busy days and what I thought I'd share with you is how we do 'Take Away' food...

Today was a huge day of deliveries and meetings and by the time I rolled into our driveway the last thing I felt like doing was a big cook up.



Lucky for me though our local chicken shop has free range chooks already cooked and ready to eat. I have a few recipes that I do in under 20 mins that use already cooked chicken and they are such an easy way to eat yummy without big effort.

Tonight I made ~

Moroccan Chicken with Beans and Cous Cous ~ Take Away Style

for this you will need...

the meat of  1 roast chicken ~ I pull off the meat saving the legs and wings for snacks on tomorrow
4 carrots chopped small
a big handful of green beans ~ I used the 3 different types I got at market but any will do
olive oil
ras el hanout ~ I told you this stuff rocks!!
1 -2 cups of cous cous
1 -2 cups of boiling water
1/4 cup of flat leaf parsley
small amount of mint chopped ( optional)
presered lemon (optional)







 To make ~ you will need about 15 mins and hardly any energy!

First put the kettle on ~ enough water for your cous cous (1-2 cups) and for a cup of tea! I did have a red wine while I made this...

Next pull off the meat from your chicken ~ and chop or pull into smallish pieces

Cut up your carrots into small pieces... small = cooks faster

In a fry pan add a small amount of oil and start fry the carrots... while your carrots are cooking top and tail your beans.

Throw in your chicken meat into the pan and sprinkle with 1 - 2 teaspoons of ras el hanout

Kettle should be done by now ~ so make your cous cous

Cous Cous is 1 cup of cous cous to 1 cup of boiling water... you can add in stock cubes etc but plain is perfectly fine. Just pour the boiling water over the cous cous, cover and leave for 5 mins, the fluff up
 with a fork... How easy is that! I love cous cous...




Back to your pan... 

Now throw in your beans and about 3/4 cup of boiling water...using a wooden spoon disolve the bits that have stuck to the fry pan ~ should be starting to smell pretty good by now.... chicken should be starting to fall apart... heat off

Chop up your herbs and preserved lemon... and toss through the pan..



And it should look like this...

Now cous cous in bowls and top with chicken bean mix and eat.... FINI! 

~ A word on being kind to your self... I really believe life is about what we do not what we don't do... Food does not have to be a chore... get a bank of easy meals that you can whip up like this one and give yourself the night off if you are tired ~ some nights cooking is a great creative relax and unwind for me and others it is a necessary event...perfection is boring! ...Some nights we even have eggs on toast...

After dinner I got to go for a walk through the olives with the dogs ...





I hope you are all well as we all return to work and that you are enjoying my blog... let me know what you think...

Thanks for having a read...

yours,

Honey Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment