Looks like a chocolate muffin only healthy!
Tastes like a brownie... lasts for a week... if you don't eat them all!
Oh and they freeze....
Zucchini Choc Muffins
Ingredients: 200g butter2 eggs
1 to 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups good quality coco
1 cup almond meal
2 cups SR flour
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup of milk
grated 3 medium carrots, 1 small beetroot, 1 small zucchini, 1 granny smith apple = about 2 cups of grated veg/fruit... the finer the less noticeable the veg is in the end result, peeling also aids smooth end product1 small handful of walnut pieces or almonds ~ omit if nut free
you can sub in another cup of flour for the almond meal....
soy milk and grapeseed oil and make dairy free also
and more honey and more apple to ditch the sugar...
What I love about these muffins is that they are jam packed with goodness... and my kids don't feel like health freaks taking them to school
- heat your oven to 200c
- in a large mix bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- add eggs one at a time and combine
- add coco and combine
- add milk, almond meal, flour, oil and honey and combine
- fold through grated veg/fruit mix and walnuts
- spoon mixture into muffin cases or muffin tray and bake for 20 - 30 mins until brown op top and skewer passes through clean
try not to eat too many and save some for school lunches
- ~ the oil content keeps the muffins moist for a week if kept in an air tight container in the fridge
ps apologies for the short posts..as soon as school is back we will ALL have a bit more time....
makes 24 muffins